Edmik’s experienced toolmakers provide full-service Wire EDM (Electrical Discharge Machining) capabilities. With our clients’ project plans in hand, we set up and operate our equipment to demanding tolerances. We can achieve surface finishes to as tight as 15.6 micro inch. This process, also known as “spark erosion,” employs electrical energy to remove metal from a work piece, while ensuring that no tool point ever touches the work piece. Instead, sparks from a pulsating, high-frequency electric current jump a gap and vaporize small areas of the work piece. EDM technology enables delicate cutting operations to be performed on extremely thin work pieces to create shapes that no conventional machining process can produce.
- Holding .0002″ tolerance is no problem.
- Independent heads allow for 30 degree tapers.
- An axis travel (X,Y,Z) of 21.7″ x 13.8″ x 15.75″ and Max. workpiece demensions (L x W x H) of 47.2″ x 27.6″ x 15.75″ allows for larger parts to be wired or smaller parts to be stacked for cost savings machining.
- All code is generated through the latest in CAD/CAM software, Esprit.
- Edmik accepts Solid Works files as well as DXF, DWG, and IGS formats.